Are you interested in starting a career in child care? Maybe you would like to know more about what it is like to work in this growing industry before taking the leap?
Our Introduction to Child Care Online Course will give you a sneak peek into a ‘day in the life of a Child Care Educator’, and will help you to decide if working in Children’s Services is right for you.
What Are the Features of the Course?
This online course is quick and includes details and information of all the things you might want to know before starting a new career in the industry:
- Interactive layout, easy to navigate
- Only takes 1-2 hours to complete
- Includes voiceover and sound
- Rendered 3D layout of a real service (including Virtual Tour)
- Interactive panoramas of real indoor and outdoor areas
- A ‘Day In The Life Of An Early Childhood Educator’ with real-life scenarios and tasks
- Short quiz + certificate to show completion
You will also receive a taste of knowledge based topics such as:
- Child development
- Service operation and policies
What Can I Expect to Get Out of the Course?
We all know that information is key when it comes to making decisions, particularly to do with your future and career. That is why we developed this course to provide you with the following key information and advantages:
- The course will assist you in deciding if Children’s Services is right for you before you take the time to apply for a position within the industry
- Preference for interviews may be given if you have completed the course
- ‘A day in life of an Educator’ component simulates a real position to give you a more realistic understanding of the industry and the day-to-day running of a centre
- You can explore all elements of the course at your own pace (max 2 hours needed)
- You will expand your knowledge of the course content
- You will receive a certificate on completion
How Can I Access the Online Course?
Simply visit the Childcare Resources Australia Online Store, sign in or register, and purchase the course (listed under Booklets and eLearning). Once you are ready to go you can complete the short quizz and print out the certificate that will indicate to potential employers that you are ready for a new career.
How Can I Use this Course to Gain Employment?
This interactive, online course will give you a taste of working in Children’s Services and you will obtain a certificate on completion of the course. This certificate can then be presented to a potential employer which will give them a true indication of your dedication to a career in child care.
How Much Does the Course Cost?
For a small investment of $29, you will have access to a valuable resource that will kick start your investigation into a new career.
When Can I Get Started?
You can start now. Visit the Childcare Resources Australia Online Store to purchase the course, or call 4942 2300 for more information. You can also click here to complete our enquiry form and we will contact you.