Train Now, Pay Later
Atkinson Childcare College (RTO ID 91239), also known as Atkinson Training and Development Pty Ltd, is a Registered Training Provider approved under the VET Student Loans Act (2016) to offer VET Student Loans to eligible students. VET Student Loans is an Australian Government Loan scheme for the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector and is part of the Higher Education Loan Program (Help).
VET Student Loans commenced on 1 January 2017, and replaced the VET FEE-HELP scheme. The scheme offers contingent loan support to eligible students studying Diploma level and above vocational education and training qualifications.
Courses Available Under VSL:
The courses offered by Atkinson Child Care College that are available under VSL include:
Information for Students
To be eligible for VET Student Loans you must:
- be an Australian citizen, or
- a New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) holder who meets the long-term residency requirements, or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.
- not have exceeded the FEE-HELP limit
- be enrolled with an approved course provider in an approved course
- be studying the approved course primarily at a campus in Australia
- meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements
- have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) or are otherwise exempt
- have read the 2019 VET Student Loans information booklet
- have provided the required documents to Atkinson Child Care College and submitted the loan application form by the first census day.
Before you can access a VET Student Loan, Atkinson Child Care College must also determine if you have the ability to undertake the course. Atkinson Child Care College will ask you to:
- provide your Australian Year 12 Certificate, or
- provide evidence of successful completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English)
If you cannot provide either of the above documents, you will be required to display competence at Exit Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy. Your competence will be assessed using the Australian Government approved assessment tool — Basic Key Skills Builder (BKSB).
In addition, Atkinson Child Care must reasonably believe you will be able to successfully complete the course. All applicants will be asked to complete the BKSB assessment tool to identify any extra support that may be needed.
Prior to enrolment into a course, you will be sent an email with BSKS logon details. Once you have completed the assessments, Atkinson Child Care will notify you of your results.